Christmas Day Tragedy: 3 Family Members Burnt To Death In Edo (Photos+Video)

Three family members have died on Christmas day following a tragic fire incident which started inside the house they occupied in Benin City.
It was gathered that the fire which reportedly started at about 2 am, ‎also razed the belongings of other tenants of No 27, Mabel Street, off Etete Road, Benin City.
According to witnesses, the family members, husband, wife and their baby, who could not be identified, were consumed by the fire before help could reach them.
The landlord of the house, Mr. Egberamwen Nosakhare, said the fire started at 2a.m. when he saw smoke billowing from one of the tenants’ room. “I forced the door opened and saw flames of fire from the gas cooker and there was nothing I could do. I was helpless and could not go in.
The family died in the inferno.”
A tenant, Mrs. Osayande Joseph, said she ran into her room to pick up her child and escaped through the back door.
A neighbour, Okhuoghae Osawaru, said: “The affected family was inside the house when the fire started. “The man is a hard-working man.
He just returned from outstation to celebrate Christmas with his wife and baby. He was humble and nice. It was a pity for it to happen on Christmas day.” The name of the man was unknown at press time.
Watch Video below:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.