The Senator representing Kaduna Central, in his post listed nine reasons for extreme Poverty in Northern Nigeria.
Senator Shehu Sani
The Senator representing Kaduna Central in the National Assembly, Shehu Sani on Monday pointed out why Northern Nigeria is in “extreme poverty”.
In his recent social media post, outspoken lawmaker, Senator Shehu Sani has listed nine reasons for extreme poverty in Northern Nigeria.
The senator, in his post titled ‘Nine reasons for extreme Poverty in Northern Nigeria’ wrote;
1. Neglect of Agriculture and dependence on oil revenues;
2. Decadence and collapse of public education;
4. Septic extremism and toxic inter ethnic violence;
5. Abandoning the moral and ethical standards and economic vision and legacies of Ahmadu Bello;
6. Culpability of successive Northern leaders in power;entrenched Handouts culture;
7. Pliant attitudinal incumbrance of refusing to challenge leaders and hold them to account or the Slavery of loyalty or inimical subservience;
8. Decades of systemic marginalization,emasculation and oppression and
9. Institutional contempt for the poor by the regional elites.
He has before now blamed the elites in the northern part of Nigeria, over the high rate of poverty in the region. According to him, while there are wealthy northerners, the North still has high poverty rate.